Youth involved in 4-H are uniquely positioned to face the challenges of a rapidly changing world.
New York youth participated in Cornell University 4-H Youth Development Programs.
The New York State 4-H Foundation partners with the NY 4-H Youth Development program and the National 4-H Council to develop and support programming to help youth become responsible citizens and reach their full potential as healthy and productive adults.
Our programs foster powerful impacts:
- 4-H participants are nearly 2x more likely than other youth to plan to pursue a career in science.
- 76% of 4-H members have helped with a community service project related to science, 58% have taught others about science.
- 84% of 4-H members believe it is "quite" or "extremely" important to make the world a better place to live, vs. 73% of non-4-H members.
- 67% of 4-H youth believe they can make a difference in their community.
- 29% of 4-H members reported trying alcohol, compared to 42% of non-4-H members.