Give Change, Make Change
This special initiative raises funds for both County 4-H programs and the NYS 4-H Foundation, while highlighting the positive impacts that 4-H has on youth. Friends of 4-H are asked to:
Give their “change” – to help make a positive “change” for our 4-H youth. Coins are collected in special collection jars, and by dropping them int he hyperbolic funnel at fairs and special events.
Funds collected are split 50-50 between the County 4-H program and the 4-H Foundation.
Give Change, Make Change is a great way to:
- Increase awareness of 4-H activities in your community
- Involve youth in the fundraising process
- Recruit volunteers and potential donors
- Raise money for your 4-H program
Tips for Success
- Take cans and the funnel to events–fundraisers, competitions and fairs
- Display cans at local businesses for the summer–ask employers to “match” employee gifts!
- Ask to present 4-H information to employees during their lunch hour or break for added impact.
Don’t Forget the Funnel!
The hyperbolic funnel is a great addition to your county fair, mall displays or other 4-H events and can be used as a tool in your Science, Engineering & Technology programming. The funnel is housed in Syracuse, New York. To reserve the funnel, obtain Give Change, Make Change collection cans, contact the Foundation office at firstname.lastname@example.org or Give Change, Make Change